Here at David Eskow DDS, your dental goals are at the heart of everything we do, and that’s why we offer Invisalign® to gently shift your teeth into the perfect smile without using bulky metal braces.
We believe everyone deserves a beautiful, healthy smile they can feel proud of in any situation.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that does away with the wires, brackets, and bands of braces entirely, instead using a series of clear, removable plastic trays—called aligners—to straighten your teeth.
The aligners fit directly onto your dental arch, giving them a low profile, and they blend in with your teeth to be virtually invisible when worn, so almost no one will know you’re straightening your teeth.
Furthermore, the aligners are easy to pop in and out to eat, drink, brush, and floss, letting you enjoy your favorite foods and making oral hygiene as easy as ever!
The Benefits of Invisalign
Here are some of the benefits the Invisalign treatment offers:
- Comfortable – Unlike traditional braces, which can cause discomfort in your mouth and gums, Invisalign aligners are designed to be comfortable and easily removed when needed.
- Invisible – These clear plastic aligners are virtually invisible when worn, so you don’t have to worry about being embarrassed by metal braces.
- Easy Maintenance – To maintain good oral hygiene while wearing Invisalign braces, simply remove the aligners before brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Results in less time – With regular use, most people achieve their desired results within 12 months or less.
- Removable – Unlike metal braces permanently affixed to your teeth until the end of treatment, you can remove the Invisalign aligners whenever necessary (such as for special occasions).
- No dietary restrictions – Since the aligners are removable, there’s no need to avoid certain foods or drinks while wearing them.
The Invisalign Process
Invisalign combines advanced computer technology with the 100-year-old science of orthodontics, making it a uniquely effective and convenient treatment option.
At our dental office, we will use 3D imaging and software to custom-make each aligner so they fit snugly over your teeth without being visible when you smile or talk.
Every patient’s treatment experience will vary, but the treatment process of Invisalign usually looks like this:
- During your initial evaluation, we’ll discuss your goals for your smile and the benefits of Invisalign and take impressions and photographs.
- Using the information we gather at your exam, we’ll form a diagnosis of your orthodontic situation and discuss it with you.
- Next, we’ll use Invisalign’s advanced software to create a treatment plan, digitally moving the teeth in your bite model into new alignment for a healthy, beautiful smile.
- Once you receive your aligners, you’ll wear each for about two weeks for 20-22 hours per day, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
With each new set of aligners, your teeth will move closer to their optimal positions – and when you’re finished, you’ll have a beautiful new smile to call your own!
If you wish to learn more about Invisalign, please contact our Olney dentist office today!